Some presets for converting images for Social Media and other web use. Check out my full guide on how to optimise images for websites & social media: Saving Images for Facebook – Photoshop & Lightroom
LIGHTROOM EXPORT PRESETS
To install, copy the .lrtempalte files into the LR Export Presets folder (i.e. C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Export Presets\User Presets).
- Facebook_2048″ converts to sRGB and saves a JPG at 2048px on the longest side*.
- Instagram 1080px” converts to sRGB and saves a JPG at 1080px wide.
*Note that you will get an ever so slightly better result on Facebook if you save a PNG via Photoshop rather than exporting to a JPG from Lightroom.
PHOTOSHOP SOCIAL MEDIA/WEB ACTIONS
A set of 3 actions that optimise images for the web, Facebook and Instagram.
- “Facebook (2048px landscape)” converts images to 8bit sRGB files and prompts to resize images to 2048px on the width for uploading to Facebook (and works well for most websites).
- “Facebook (2048px portrait)” converts images to 8bit sRGB files and prompts to resize images to 2048px on the height for uploading to Facebook (and works well for most websites).
- “Instagram (1080px wide)” converts images to 8bit sRGB files and resizes to 1080px wide for uploading to Instagram.
- “Convert to 8bit sRGB for Web (no resize)” just converts images to 8bit sRGB files without resizing.
Once you have converted and sized the image with the actions above you can either save a JPG with quality 12 or save a loseless PNG by using the “Save For Web” feature (shortcut: ctrl + alt + shift + s).